Monday, September 3, 2012

Thank You, American Workers


Labor Day is a day when we typically just think about a good barbecue.  



This really does merit a holiday.
Trust me, I haven't had them lately.


If we're going to find meaning in the day beyond a rack of ribs, however, then it might be this:  


We live in a society that was built with many hands -some of them sewed socks, some welded bridges, while some others changed diapers.  Some of them taught me to read, while others forced me to learn mathematics against my will -but to my great benefit.  Somewhere along the line, some of them taught me to love writing, and to love sharing the Gospel of Jesus.

I have driven on roads built by the hard labor of workers both native and immigrant.  I have done some great fishing, swimming, and canoeing in a lake built by the sweat of our grandfathers.  Many people have invested in my life.




This canoeing fun would not be possible if not for:



This incredible investment of labor.


To all of you who have lent a hand in the building of a nation that we all enjoy, and that I treasure:  

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment